Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hello Blog!

Whats up guys, thanks for letting me crash your marathon party. This is something I have always wanted to do, wasn't planning on it this year but I thought to myself well you can wait till your 30 something and run some random marathon by yourself or you can get in shape and do it with three good friends in sunny S.D. It was pretty much a no brainer. My only goal is to finish. So I have this book (The non runners marathon trainer) and its 14 week plan and I'm going to go for it. I ran two 10 mile races last summer but thats about as long as I have run. Just finished the first week of the plan. The longest run so far was 5 miles. Not quite caught up to Joe yet (the idea that I will at some point have to wear a hydration belt and contemplate how many electrolyte beverages to carry along is blowing my mind right now) but the plan says I will be ready by May 31st. Its been really cold here (in the 20s) but it has been sunny and the roads have been dry so it hasn't been to bad. Hoping its a mild 2nd half of the winter. We have already had 115" of snow how much more could we possibly get? Im just happy to be outside and running. Really excited to be a part of this. Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post once a week, so Joe isn't the only one. In closing:

Dave- whats up man its been a long time
Joe- No matter what you tell me I will not run the race in a Binghamton Crew Uni suit.
Andy- As tempting as it will be im not getting drunk with you the night before the race.
Is Berto officially in yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment