Saturday, March 7, 2009

Out of the sands

Today I was garnered with some wisdom from a man whose house is in a shopping cart and beds besides bus stops: 'you shouldnt run, it's bad for your joints'. Luckily I was past the point of no return, so to speak, and had some motivational words from Dwight Schrute in my head: 'In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead.' So better to keep on running.

8 miles down on the road to the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon, intermingled with frequent walks. Timed in around 70 minutes. Ive found that after warming up it helps to re-tie my shoes again. Not sure if this is because the feet start swelling up during the run or just the added rest, but it certainly relieves some stress. Also, if anyone knows some good calf stretches please lay them on the blog.

have a good weekend,
Andy

1 comment: