Friday, April 10, 2009

Update

Ok so it has been a while.  Work has been stressing me out and making training difficult (though I am still on track).  15 week before last went alright - felt pretty good.  I've got an 18 for tomorrow and will update on that.  Meanwhile . . . if you can't train well, you can buy cool gadgets!  I bought the Garmin Forerunner 405 watch which is fantastic - just tested it out today on an easy 40 minute run and it is really great to use.  The "current pace" is a bit sketchy and I don't really trust it, but the overall mileage and pace are pretty accurate and it is nice to be able to run around my 'hood without plotting the route ahead of time.  Should be nice tomorrow - I'm planning on running the majority of the 18 on the path on the beach - up to Malibu and then down to Hermosa Beach.  Coolest thing is that you get home and the watch wirelessly uploads all the info from your run to the computer - shows you the route on a map or google earth and all of the info including heart rate if you wear the strap (which I won't for 18).  Ok. Back to work.  I am getting excited about the race - my shins hurt.  As always, I love you Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment