Monday, April 13, 2009

Today's Workout and the Super Secret Contest

Finally got my wheel back from the bike shop.  I broke a spoke riding the other day... most likely caused by the massive wattage that I put out.  Did 45 minutes worth of cycling to recover the legs for tomorrow track workout.  8 x 800 tomorrow.

Now for the run part.  I have devised a contest to blatantly attract people to this blog.  The contest is as follows:

As you know Greg, Andy, Dave and I are running a marathon "together".  We're each training and running at our own paces and will undoubtedly encourage eachother because we came together to do this.  

Now here comes the fun part.  Up for grabs is 20 bucks out of my pocket, I'll mail you a check, a giftcard, whatever you want that's 20 dollars (no joke, for those that know me you know I have nothing better to do)!  All you have to do is look through our blog, predict our each of our marathon times and the closest person wins! This is not the Price is Right so the closer you are whether or not you are over are under wins.  The person with the lowest total variation wins.  A sample entry would be like the following:

Joe - 2:15:00
Greg - 2:14:00
Andy - 2:14:00
Dave - 2:13:00

If our actual times were -

Joe - 2:16:00
Greg - 2:15:00
Andy - 2:15:00
Dave - 2:12:00

Your total variation would be 4 minutes and you would be damn close!

So place your entries as a comment on this post and I'll start compiling them in an excel spreadsheet.  Spread the word!  I will no longer accept entries after May 15th, 2009!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok here are my (Andy's) time bets for the san diego rock and roll marathon:

    Andy 5:03:15
    Dave 4:15:36
    Greg 4:34:57
    Joe 3:50:04

    Time if we did the relay:
    2:16:08
    tear

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prediction tracks the example fake "prediction" in your post except that the times will be somewhat reversed--- namely:
    Joe: 2:13
    Gregg: 2:14
    Andy: 2:14 (would have hit 2:12 but stopped to help old lady cross the street)
    Dave: 2:15

    ReplyDelete